Services / Activities Available
- Home Delivered Meals - Meal delivery is available to homebound individuals age 60 or over. Hot lunches are delivered on week days, with frozen meals available for week-ends.
- Congregate meals – Lunch is served at the Senior Center every week day from 11:30 am to 12:15 pm. Meals are open to the public, there are no age restrictions.
- Health Screenings – Every Tuesday from 9:00am – 11:00 am a free health clinic is available,staffed by nurses from the Erie County Health Department.
- Flu shot clinics are offered every Fall
- Handicap equipment loan – Walkers, wheelchairs, etc. are available for loan at no cost to seniors
- Exercise - Chair exercise classes, line dancing, Tai Chi, Nature walks, Dartball, ping pong, billiards
- Classes and Instruction – learn a new skill – computer classes, ceramics, painting
- Card games (bridge, euchre, pinochle)
- Social Groups: Mens fellowship club, Womens social club, Bible study group
- Senior Center Auxiliary – meeting and potluck the 3rd Sunday each month.
- Seeking new members willing to assist with fundraisers. Membership is open to men and women of all ages.
- Golden Buckeye Card applications available
- Income tax return assistance – provided by AARP and VITA (Volunteers in tax assistance)
- Monthly Flea Markets
- Volunteer Opportunities - Meals on wheels delivery drivers needed in all parts of Erie County, including Sandusky, Huron, Vermilion, Birmingham.
- Dining room assistance – Help serve meals and clear tables during our weekday luncheons at the Senior Center
- Decorating – we are looking for creative people to assist in seasonal decorating of the Senior Center
- Computer Instruction – Assist seniors in basic computer usage
- Companionship – Become a friendly visitor or phone assurance caller.
- Entertainment – Looking for anyone who has a talent to share.
- Speakers – If you’ve had an interesting experience or trip, or information on a topic that might be of interest to a group of seniors, we’d love to schedule you as a speaker.
- Seasonal Outdoor assistance – Help need in spring/summer for planting & weeding of our flowerbeds.
- Fundraising – Help is always needed in the organizing and implementation of our many fundraisers throughout the year.
Back to Top